We are looking for energetic and passionate people to join RecordPoint! If you thrive in a start-up environment and love to work with the latest technologies, you’d be a great fit for our team.
The Cloud Service Operations Manager is a new and pivotal role at RecordPoint as you will define the strategic vision for our cloud services operations. In this role, you will rely on your experience to both define and build a 24x7x365 cloud services operational infrastructure, designed with a customer-first state of mind.
You will champion the coordination between all responsible teams, such as Product, Engineering, Support, Site Reliability, etc., and be the primary point of contact for all customer-facing requests, changes, and incidents related to our cloud services.
We will rely on your in-depth knowledge of industry-standard frameworks, such as SOC 2 and ISO27001, as well as your proven track record in being able to maintain a continuous improvement model, establish KPIs around cloud operations, and build out the team as needed.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic, strategic leader who is looking for the opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, SaaS/Cloud software start-up. If this challenge intrigues you, and you want to create something great, keep reading.
- Ensure RecordPoint’s cloud platform and services are designed to support and align with our overall business strategies and priorities. Activities will include building out service capabilities to match SLA requirements, capacity modeling for scale and cost, and security management.
- Monitor, manage and operate our cloud service. Scale our service with required monitoring and alerting capabilities, and develop incident management, and security and compliance activities/processes.
- Work closely with R&D to make sure new features are reliable, easily deployable, and support the requirements of the service in terms of scale and security.
- Establish a regular operational feedback cycle into our engineering teams
- Manage the Service Operations team to operate with a culture of business and customer centricity by maintaining RecordPoint’s SLA for each service, including incident response, problem management, and service upgrades.
- Develop and drive, as the primary owner, the communication strategy for internal and external stakeholders (including customers) to convey service health, tracking against SLAs, current and historical incidents, upcoming events or upgrades.
- Ensure all technical procedures are documented, reviewed and updated and actively contribute to the maintenance of operational standards & policies
- Collaborate with RecordPoint’s Support team to understand and improve user experience, performance, incident response, and the serviceability of our offerings.
- Collaborate with the internal R and D team to automate infrastructure services and system administration tasks wherever possible and implement a monitoring strategy to provide rapid feedback and diagnostics in the event of a service disruption.
- Create relationships with other departments, including Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, and Customer Success, to make sure we provide services with high availability and superior performance for all our customers.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring for the team you build, fostering a culture of accountability, innovation, and team building.
Your Experience will show:
- At least 10 years of relevant industry experience in maintaining a 24×7 at scale and high availability production environment
- At least 5 years of experience with service operations and extensive knowledge of cloud infrastructure planning and operations, design and deployment, as well as system lifecycle management in supporting a SaaS infrastructure
- At least 5 years of team management experience in cloud operations or customer support environments
- Solid understanding of Networking/VPCs/monitoring & alerting frameworks and tools
- Substantial experience in operating a 24/7 high-availability cloud infrastructure
- Experience with cloud platforms like Azure or AWS
- Experience with running distributed systems deployed multiple geographies across the globe
- Knowledge of security practices, tooling, and automation
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, Nagios, Cabot
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef or Puppet
- Advanced knowledge of at least one scripting language such as Python or PowerShell
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo or Visual Studio Online
- Some experience with relational database systems like PostgreSQL
Who you are:
- Can manage multiple simultaneous and diverse technology issues to resolution, with minimal supervision and an unbeatable sense of urgency.
- Thrives in a start-up environment. You are self-directed and do not look to others to tell you what to do next.
- A highly motivated individual with a passion for cloud environments, scalability, and staying at the bleeding edge of new technology.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to influence other levels of management. You can develop technical documentation, and clear and concise customer / internal communications.
- A general business management knowledge of support policies and procedures.
- A leader, who motivates others to be their absolute best.
How to apply:
Who is RecordPoint?
RecordPoint is an innovative and fast-growing SaaS/Cloud software start-up with a global reach. We are disrupting the records management and compliance sector, making waves through cutting-edge innovation with a focus on Big Data and the Cloud.
We have been very successful with our cloud-based SaaS products to date, and our next generation product is going to be a game changer for our customers and for us. Our mission is to achieve more than 1 million cloud-based users of our service, and this is where you come in!
Why work with us?
- 20 days of annual leave
- Employee stock options plan
- Quarterly innovation days
- Flexible work schedules
- Work with some of the latest technologies
- Plenty of office snacks
- Laid back, casual working environment
- Working on things that matter from week one