Configure and Enable the SharePoint Online Connector
To Edit Connector Details you need to be assigned to the Application Administrator role in Records365.
Records Managers have read-only access to the Connector Details page.
- Click on the Settings icon in the top right hand corner of Records365.
- Click on the SharePoint Online tile in the connector gallery.
- Select the Site Collections that you wish to manage in SharePoint Online.
- All: All Site Collections in your SharePoint Online tenancy will be managed by Records365, except for any Site Collections you enter in Excluded Sites with the root site collection URL (note that the URL should not end in /XXX.aspx, eg: https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/marketing, not https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/marketing/sitepages/home.aspx):
Records365 utilises SharePoint Search to ensure auto discovery of new sites to be managed. Only those sites that are indexed will be managed.
- Selected: Only the Site Collections that you enter under Managed Sites will be managed by Records365. You can further exclude any subsites underneath the managed Site Collections by entering the root URL of the subsite (eg: https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/marketing/seattle, not https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/marketing/seattle/sitepages/home.aspx).
4. Select the Versioning Level:
- Major Only – To manage major versions only. Major versions are identified by whole numbers, such as 5.0, or
- Minor and Major – To manage both minor and major versions. Minor versions are identified by decimal numbers, such as 5.1.
Please note that regardless of the Versioning Level set, the SharePoint Online Connector requires versioning to be set on Document Libraries to be managed. See Enable and configure versioning for a list or library.
- Select the Aggregation Level:
- Site Collection – To use SharePoint Online site collections as containers for your records, or
- List or Top Most Folder – To use SharePoint Online Lists, or the top-most Folder within a List, as the containers for your records. Document Libraries are treated as Lists, and Document Sets as Folders.
The aggregation level should be selected in consultation with the Records Management function of your organization. Once the aggregation level is set and the Connector is Enabled for the first time, it cannot be modified.
- Once all the settings have been updated click on Save.
- A success message will appear once the connector is added successfully.
Connectors are Disabled by default. This means no content will be submitted from the connector until the connector is Enabled. Before enabling a Connector, ensure that all rules have been set up first otherwise your records will be uncategorized. To complete the rules setup refer to Rules.
8. Once you are ready to begin managing records from this connector in Records365, click Enable.
Your SharePoint Online connector is now enabled and submitting content to Records365 for management!