LOTT CLEAN WATER ALLIANCE MODERNIZES RECORDS MANAGEMENT WITH AUTOMATED COMPLIANCE
LOTT Clean Water Alliance’s (LOTT) 2013-2018 Performance Plan contained an objective that outlined the need for a modern application to manage their growing dataset. The objective was to establish a more efficient records management system that would reduce liability and risk for the organization.
A project to overhaul records management processes, aptly titled “Get to the Point,” LOTT envisioned a centralized, legally compliant record storage system with advanced search capabilities to improve efficiency.
- Manual processes to manage rapidly growing electronic content repositories
- Variety of management and storage processes and file structures across internal departments and individual staff members
- Difficult and time-consuming search efforts to identify the right record within various departmental file structures for both internal staff and fulfillment of Public Records Act (RCW 42.56) requests
- Inconsistencies in the management of document lifecycles across the organization
- Faster and more comprehensive fulfillment of Public Records Act requests
- Reduced time spent by staff on searching for records needed to accomplish their jobs
- Leveraged existing SharePoint system that improved adoption across the organization and integrated multiple systems together
- Increased user adoption and lessened additional training due to retaining the familiar SharePoint user experience