RecordPoint is thrilled to announce the beta launch of the Records365 Power BI Connector. With this connector, you will be empowered to strategically manage your records by analyzing trends and patterns.
What Can You Expect from RecordPoint’s Power BI Connector
With our Data Connector for Power BI, you will be able to accomplish the following:
- View real-time reports on your Records365 data, including drill downs to the file level.
- View uncategorized records, by data source, department, or other categories, so you can take action to ensure they are in compliance.
- Understand when records are due for disposal, to plan and manage the disposition workload.
- Analyze record submissions by content source, date, department, and more.
- Extend the base Power BI dashboard to add additional data fields, or view Records365 in conjunction with other organizational data.
We’ve chosen Microsoft Power BI as our first supported platform for delivering advanced analytics and reporting from Records365. We believe it provides a great entry point for not only rich visualization and actionable insights into your content, but also allows you to enrich your reports with over 60 other sources of analytics data.
Record365’s Power BI Connector is made up of two components: the Reporting and Analytics Dashboard, and our custom data connector that powers it. We will look at the dashboard first and then we will dive deeper into the custom data connector and the extensibility scenarios it enables.
How the Records365 Dashboard Works
Records365’s Reporting and Analytics dashboard is intended to demonstrate the power of a federated approach to content services and empower actionable, data-driven insights.
It is a Power BI Desktop report file with pre-loaded visualizations that highlight key metrics of record categorization, retention, and submission, no matter where your enterprise content is stored. This means you will be able to get up and running quickly with your own dashboard.
When selecting any one of the data fields in the visualizations from this report, a right-click allows us to drill through and see exactly which records deserve further analysis:
Extend the Basic Records365 Dashboard with Your Own Data
At RecordPoint, we’re convinced there is nobody that knows your data quite like you. This provided dashboard might be exactly what you need to see, but what if you want to extend your dashboard with a metric that’s not available by default?
The Records365 Power BI Connector allows you to perform your own custom queries against your Records365 tenancy and then use those results to drive your own visualizations and reports.
Let’s look at the ‘Get Data’ experience in Power BI with our custom data connector:
When you click ‘Connect’, you’ll be prompted to sign in using your regular Azure AD account that you use to access Records365. Once securely authenticated, you can choose from a set of queries to identify the data you want to analyze:
For the parameterized queries such as Get Records, you can provide additional filters when pulling your data down from Records365, to help practice good data hygiene and avoid retrieving unnecessary data from the service:
Once the data is loaded, you can add it to your report model and author powerful and flexible visualizations in Power BI, or even combine it with related enterprise data from another source, creating a rich analytics dataset.
Have you ever wanted to know which department in your organization creates the most uncategorized content? Or, which customer accounts in your CRM are associated with a legal hold? We believe that helping you answer these types of questions is a huge part of driving value for your organization and reducing risk.
Excited to Get Started?
Here’s what you can do:
- Existing Records365 customers can download the Records365 dashboard template now! Simply sign up for the free version of Power BI, and download the Records 365 Dashboard template and custom data connector.
- If you aren’t a customer, attend one of our monthly demo webinars or request a personalized demo to learn how our Records365 Power BI connector can help your organization.
Stay tuned for a deeper dive into the Records365 Power BI Connector that will be coming soon, and please get in touch if you have any feedback!