Dropbox is a cloud file sharing and storage platform. The Dropbox connector allows you enforce a compliance lifecycle across Dropbox content. Managing Dropbox content with Records365 ensures that content is classified, retained and disposed off in a defensible manner.
The Dropbox connector only supports Dropbox business accounts. In addition, the Dropbox connector currently only manages content in team folders. Please see the following documentation for more information on Team Folders in Dropbox.
- Navigate to Records365 and click on the Settings icon in the top right hand corner.
- Click on Add Connector and select the Dropbox Connector in the Gallery.
- Click Add.
- After adding the Dropbox connector to your Records365 tenancy you will be redirected to the Connector Details page. Here you will connect Records365 to your Dropbox tenancy.
Configuring the Dropbox Connector
A Dropbox administrator account is required in order to link Records365 to a Dropbox.
Now that the connector instance has been created, we need to complete the authorization for the connector to manage your Dropbox account.
- Once you are in the Dropbox Connector Details page, select Link Account to connect Records365 to your Dropbox tenancy.
- You will be directed to a page where Dropbox will prompt you to log in. Enter credentials to log in, then click Allow.
This should be selected in consultation with the Records Management function of your organization, because once the aggregation level is set and the Connector is Enabled for the first time, it cannot be modified.
- Set the Aggregation Level
- Top Most Folder – Documents & files will be aggregated under the top level team folder in which they are located.
- Lowest Level Folder – Documents & files will be aggregated under their immediate parent folders.
Managed Folders in Dropbox
The Managed Dropbox Folders feature allows you to whitelist which Dropbox Team Folders are in-scope for management by Records365. At least one (1) whitelisted team folder must be specified when configuring the Dropbox connector. Nested team folders are supported for managing a specific location within a hierachy of team folders.
- Add Managed Dropbox Folders
- Click the plus icon to a managed team folder
- Specify the full path to the team folder (i.e. Marketing > FY20 > Budget becomes “/Marketing/FY20/Budget”)
- You can also manage multiple folders by clicking on Add Managed Folder button.
- Under Advanced Options you can set the Originating Organization, this will allow content being submitted by this connector instance to be tagged with the name of the organization being managed.
- Once all the settings have been updated click on Save in the top right hand corner of the page.
- A success message will appear once the connector is added successfully.
Connectors are Disabled by default. This means no content will be submitted from the connector until the connector is Enabled. Before enabling a Connector, ensure that all rules have been set up first otherwise your records will be uncategorized. To complete the rules setup refer to Rules.
- Once you are ready to begin managing records from this connector in Records365, click Enable.