Configure and Enable FileConnect
To Edit Connector Details you need to be assigned to the Application Administrator role in Records365.
Records Managers have read-only access to the Connector Details page.
FileConnect uses Watched Folders to decide what content in your file shares should be submitted to Records365.
Any local or network location that is accessible to the RecordPoint FileConnect application can be added as a watched folder.
Add Watched Folders
- Click on the File System tab in the RecordPoint FileConnect application.
- In the Watched Folders section, click ‘Add’ at the bottom right.
- Browse to a folder or network share containing content you wish to manage in Records365 using the ’ …’ button. You can also enter the network share path directly, eg: \\server\share.
- Choose an Aggregation Level for this watched folder:
- Root: Uses the root of the watched folder as the container for all the records within it.
- Root or First Subfolder: Uses either the root, or the first subfolder within the root of the watched folder as the container.
- Lowest Level Folder: Uses the lowest level folder as the container for the records within it.
- Click Save.
The aggregation level should be selected in consultation with the Records Management function of your organization. Once the aggregation level is set and the Connector is Enabled for the first time, it cannot be modified.
Enable the FileConnect Connector in Records365
- Log in to Records365 and click on the Settings icon
in the top right hand corner of the page.
- Click on the FileConnect tile in the connector gallery.
- Once you are ready to begin managing records from this connector in Records365, click Enable, then click Save.
Start FileConnect service and submit fileshare content to Records365
If you are planning to use properties of your file share content to drive Rules in Records365, then we suggest submitting only a small sample of content first, then updating your rules accordingly. Otherwise, your content will be uncategorized in Records365. See Rules for more information.
- Click on the System tab in the RecordPoint FileConnect application
- If required, modify the default values for:
- Location: This is where FileConnect will create folders required for its internal queue processing and error logging.
- Poll Interval: This is the interval in seconds that FileConnect will poll the queue and submit new or modified documents to Records365.
- Logging Level: Determines the types of log messages written to the Windows Event Viewer. We recommend leaving this setting at ‘Warning’ unless instructed to change it when troubleshooting – when set to ‘Information’ or ‘Verbose’, this will generate a large volume of logs.
- Click Save.
- Under System Status, the status of the FileConnect service is displayed. To begin submitting records when content is added or changed in your Watched Folders, press Start.
- This will start the FileConnect service, a Windows service called RecordPointActiveFileSystem.
Your FileConnect connector is now enabled and submitting records to Records365!
Import fileshare content from a watched folder to Records365
Now that the service has started, newly added and updated content will be submitted to Records365. To submit content that is already in a watched folder and has not yet been updated, we will perform an Import.
- Click on the File System tab.
- Click on Import next to the watched folder where you wish to import content.
- The contents of the watched folder and its subfolders will be scanned and submitted to Records365 as new records.